Swiss Vision Day 2013
The first Swiss Vision Day (SVD), following up the Zurich Vision Meeting, will take place at ETH on May 15, 2013. The SVD intends to bring together vision researchers and researchers in related fields. The goal is to build a community of both academic and industrial vision researchers from the Zurich area, but other researchers from elsewhere in Switzerland and beyond are also encouraged to participate. The program will consist of a few invited presentations, included Jitendra Malik as a keynote speaker, as well as a poster session. Attendees are encouraged to present posters presenting new or recent results, or industrial activities in the area of vision.
The Swiss Vision Day is continuing to be a very successful event with over 100 participants.
Audi-Max auditorium at the main building (HG) of ETH Zentrum
Address: Rämistrasse 101, 8092, Zürich
Building floor plan
Date and time
May 15, 2013, 12:00hrs
- 12:00 – Open Doors, Pizza Lunch
- 13:00 – Introduction
- 13:10 – Keynote speaker: Jitendra Malik: "Solved, half-solved and unsolved problems in visual recognition"
- 14:00 – Short plenary presentations of computer vision research at Swiss universities
- 14:00 Luc van Gool, Computer Vision Lab, ETH Zurich
- 14:15 Konrad Schindler, Institute of Geodesy and Photogrammetry, ETH Zurich
- 14:30 Paolo Favaro, Computer Vision Group, University of Bern
- 14:50 – Coffee break
- 15:30 Vincent Lepetit, Computer Vision Laboratory, EPF Lausanne
- 15:45 Marc Pollefeys, Computer Vision and Geometry Lab, ETH Zurich
- 16:00 – Poster session (Hallway F Floor)
- 17:30 – Apéro Riche - Location: Uhrenhalle (F Floor)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: MAY 7 Please use the provided form to register for participation.
Please register a poster contribution (120x180cm, portrait position) using this form. DEMOs are welcome, please contact Andrea Cohen, andrea.cohen _at_ inf.ethz.ch or Lorenz Meier, lm _at_ inf.ethz.ch.
Andrea Cohen: email@example.com