PlaneSweepLib (PSL) is a library that implements the plane sweeping stereo matching algorithm. It is written in C++/CUDA by Christian Häne. It contains an implementation for the pinhole camera model and for the unified projection camera model (fisheye cameras). The package comes with small test datasets and applications for both camera models and runs on Linux and Windows. It is released under the terms of the GPLv3 license.
If you use this software package please cite the relevant publications.
For using the plane sweep code please cite:
- Christian Häne, Lionel Heng, Gim Hee Lee, Alexey Sizov, Marc Pollefeys, Real-Time Direct Dense Matching on Fisheye Images Using Plane-Sweeping Stereo, Proc Int. Conf. on 3D Vison (3DV) 2014
The datasets provided with the pinhole version of the code were initially published in:
- Christian Häne, Christopher Zach, Bernhard Zeisl, Marc Pollefeys, A Patch Prior for Dense 3D Reconstruction in Man-Made Environments, Proc. Int. Conf. on 3D Data, Imaging, Modeling, Processing, Visualization and Transmission (3DIMPVT) 2012
Furthermore this code served as a basis for the papers:
- Christian Häne, Torsten Sattler, Marc Pollefeys, Obstacle Detection for Self-Driving Cars Using Only Monocular Cameras and Wheel Odometry, Proc. IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS) 2015
- Thomas Schöps, Torsten Sattler, Christin Häne, Marc Pollefeys, 3D Modeling on the Go: Interactive 3D Reconstruction of Large-Scale Scenes on Mobile Devices, Proc Int. Conf. on 3D Vison (3DV) 2015
- PlaneSweepLib (PSL) Version 1.0, February 24, 2016, [ZIP]